Monday 13 December 2010

Questions for 13th December 2010

Why did you choose English Language and Literature?
I chose Lit and Lang because I wanted to gain a wider knowledge of the whole topic of English.

What do you like/dislike about the subject?
I like planning essays however not writing them. I also enjoy discussing texts because it helps me gain a wider understanding of the texts.

Which texts have you enjoyed studying most?
I have preferred HMT and therefore enjoyed it instead of WOB because I found the WOB's language different and quite challenging. Also I liked the content of Othello because it was interesting and easy to engage with.

What do you think of the mix of discussion and writing on the course?
I prefer having a mix, because I personally learn better through discussions, and hearing other people thought and ideas.

Are you using the blog to help you work outside the classroom?
Yes, to catch up on work and to ensure that I have completed the HWK set.

How do you use the blog to help you develop essays- is there a difference from the way you write?
Although writing on a computer is easier and much faster.

What is your approach to writing essays?
I don't really have an approach to writing essays, but I have started to plan them which has been quite beneficial because i know what to include and where to include it in the essay.

Next term you will be studying Cup Cakes and Kalashnikovs- how do you think you can use the blog and other online features to enrich your study?
Online features would ensure that I got a better understanding of the text. Also I can make a note of questions raised from the book, also what I didn't understand.
Moreover I could comment on every few chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment