Thursday 3 February 2011

The Bitch Manifesto Autobiography

I wonder who decided on categorising and stereotyping women who are physically tall, loud, harsh, awkward, to being 'bitches'

I am considered to be a bitch, not a human being or a female but a bitch, well I suppose I am a bitch, I can not deny being a Bitch. I am aggressive, assertive, strong headed, abrupt, but I have been made to be like this. It is not my choice to be a 'bitch' this is what I am and tough luck to who it bothers.

He is married, I know I shouldn't like him but I do. There is something about him, I think he likes me too, because I am a 'bitch' I can have him. I walk up to where he is sitting, it is a park bench, I sit down not caring how or where I place my legs.
I can hear him breathing heavily, I lean in and kiss him I know I should not but I am because I am a 'bitch'. He kisses me back but when he realises that I people are around he stops and pulls back.
I look at him, he looks away. I think he knows that I am a bitch. He is scared. I stand up and walk away like nothing has gone on, he watches me.

Commentary:
I have included the repetition of the possessive personal pronoun 'I' connoting that she is self centred, egoistic, domineering, obnoxious,. They represent who she is as a person.
I have also included loads of short sentences to create a sense of masculinity, dominance, tough, turbulent,. Because she is not like other women, she is a bitch, and is androgynous. She possesses more masculine traits.

The use of syndetic listing elongates her 'bitchiness' and that there are many reasons as to why she is a bitch

5 comments:

  1. WWW: Good use of language. You have identified some key features of the character of a 'Bitch'. Like your use of short sentences. Mark: Band 3

    EBI: it was longer and more detailed !

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the short side. Clear and controlled is not wholly successful because of the technical errors. SOme evidence of integration of the source text and reapplication but isn't used with as much discrimination as it could be. Mostly effective register and a good awareness of audience.

    13

    ReplyDelete
  3. WWW
    - Good use of descriptive language
    - Leaves the audience wanting to know more

    EBI
    - Could have been a bit longer

    Mark
    - 19/25

    ReplyDelete
  4. WWW- creates a setting and story line for the audience. Good description to produce imagery.

    EBI- included more linguistic features and made it longer.


    Band 3
    17/25

    ReplyDelete
  5. the grade given is okay but i can justify that because i was not in lesson and attempted it without any help or notes

    13

    ReplyDelete